7 I AM sayings of Jesus from John's Gospel


1. I AM the bread of life (John 6:35, 48)
Then Jesus declared, ‘I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. ... I am the bread of life.
2. I AM the light of the world (John 8:12; 9:5)
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, ‘I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.’ ... While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.’
3. I AM the gate (John 10:7)
Therefore Jesus said again, ‘Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep.
4. I AM the good shepherd (John 10:11,14)
‘I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. ... ‘I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me
5. I AM the resurrection and the life (John 11:35)
Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;
6. I AM the way and the truth and the life (John 14:6)
Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
7. I AM the true vine (John 15:1,5)
‘I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. ... I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment